King Street Cats is an all-volunteer run organization with no paid or full-time staff and we could not continue our work without our amazing, dedicated volunteers. Ranging in age from teens to retirees, we welcome those who are committed to caring for cats. From caregiving to adoptions, fundraising, and administrative support, you can make a real difference and help save the lives of over 400 cats and kittens each year.
Due to the COVID-19 situation Family Day is canceled until further notice. Thank you for your understanding.
Volunteer at King Street Cats
We only ask that you seriously consider whether you have the time and energy to commit to our cats before you undertake our rigorous volunteer training program. Please do not sign-up if you are only looking to fulfill community service hours; we will not sign off on them. We ask that you:
- Pledge to volunteer for a minimum of 4 hours a month for a minimum of 6 months and have your schedule ready to sign up for one of our volunteer training shifts (see below)
- Please make sure you read the New Volunteer Guidelines for details on our volunteer task requirements
- Sign and bring this volunteer agreement with you to your orientation
All prospective volunteers must attend a 1-hour New Volunteer Orientation usually held on the second Saturday of the month at our facility on 25 Dove St from 12 noon-1pm. You can check our Events calendar for specific dates. No registration is necessary.
Once you have decided on your core volunteer task(s), you will undergo further training with our experienced volunteers. We always need:
Training Dates (subject to change):
- Caregivers/Helpers: weekday AM/PM and weekend AM/PM
- Adoption Counselors: Sat/Sun at Dove St or on mobile adoptions
- Vet Taxi: on weekdays (must have flexibile schedule)
- We do not take volunteers to socialize cats only
- Caregivers/Helpers: Thurs AM; 2d/3d Sat AM; or 4th Sun AM
- Adoption Counselors: 3rd Sat noon-1pm
Volunteers 18 and Under--Family Day
We ask that those aged 5-18 who want to volunteer join us on Family Day. Check our events page for the next date. Anyone aged 18 or under must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
For those looking to fulfill school community hours, please come to our Family Day held on one Sunday of the month (1 hour). We are unable to accommodate students looking for work experience and/or multiple hours as our volunteers are not available to supervise the fulfillment of those requirements. Please contact your local animal shelter's youth program director who can help you.
No prior volunteer orientation or training is required to participate in Family Day. However, please note that we are a very small facility and cannot accomodate large groups so please RSVP.
Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org and bring a signed copy of this parental release form.
To learn more about our volunteers, read "A Volunteer Life".
Contact us for further information or questions.
We look forward to seeing you.
"Don't look down on us...playing with puppies and kittens. I want those who work in animal welfare to be looked up to as professional life savers."
Mike Arms, ASPCA
Helping out at community events
Helping find our cats their forever homes
Halloween Scavenger Hunt Fundraiser